<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/30413509?origin\x3dhttp://candywaitingformarsbar.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

~Thank god for answering my prayers~

Maybe I aint lucky in some aspects of my life but I should be happy that some things I wish for do come true. Won 2 complimentary tix to the Boy toyz exhibition at EXPO and having a cute kitty radio, a blue umbrella and a sports bag is considered good luck. Not to mention the infamous Imedeen tablets which Zoe Tay endorsed (Who can forget these lines: My secret to beautiful skin? I swallow.) which I'll start taking. My face seems to be aging at an accelerated rate (Given that 2 years back, ppl mistake me for a 16-18 yr old and now I look over 20 within a span of 2 years with people offering me credit card plans, it's pretty bad :( ) and I think it's time to start anti-aging skincare from now on. Managed to get a Pass (50-64%) for my Sociology and I'm pretty contented given that 20% based on participation and attendance is almost 0% and i got a miserly 20% out of 30% for the assignments. Will be going to the temple on Fri wif Angie to offer my thanks.

Missed out on a seminar on Fri coz I didn't take notice of the date in the timetable plus I did not receive the email reminder (many of my classmates also suffered the same fate). Hmm. Hope I get Professor Russel as my supervisor coz I heard he was extremely good (However Chris mentioned that he's helping the Post Grad students and chances are slim). Everyone had gotten their supervisors already and I missed out on that coz the stupid school did not inform me at all about choosing the supervisors when I enrolled in this coz. Yet when it comes to $ they are really quick to ask. What the fuck. My notorious reputation for poor attendance (in addition to submitting work late and being lazy, not studying 99% of the time) must be pretty obvious: Sharmaine reminded me to come for lessons as Dr Kylie was particular about attendance. Seriously, there's no excuse for missing lessons when sch hours are so little (4 hours, excluding consultation time with supervisor, seminars, readings and researching for the project thesis). It seems no one in my class is doing the area of abnormal psychology and it might be a tough area to work with. On another hand, if I work hard, I might be able to pull it off. Suicide is what I wanna work with but I'm not sure exactly how I should phrase my research question. What area have not been covered? What new contribution can I make within this area? Anyone who has any cool suggestions, hope you'll share with me. Will appreciate it. I'm kind of excited about the possibility of interviewing people (ie psychiatrists and psychologists) however the immediate goal is to find a research topic and form some hypotheses. In addition, there are ethical issues to consider. Use of survey most possibly.

The Human Resource deferred exam is on the 20 Dec which gives me effectively 3 weeks plus to mug for it. I need close to full marks to be guaranteed a pass. But it's kinda sucky that the paper is at 9am. I swear I'm going to put in my utmost effort to get what I want. No fooling around this time. I wanna wear the graduation gown but it won't happen if I fail this module. Kind of strange I seem extremely concerned about my studies this year. Coz I know this year is extremely important and it will determine my career prospects when I graduate next year (hopefully). Wish that all my effort will pay off eventually and maybe the condo and sports car by 30 might not be just building castles in the air.

On Pointe @)~~
3:17 PM