<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/30413509?origin\x3dhttp://candywaitingformarsbar.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

~Happy Valentine's Day!~

8/2 (Thu)
Sleep and sleep like a pig till I awoke at 730pm, realising that I need to do a lot of things the next day.
9/2 (Fri)
Woke up early to read the papers and went to cut my hair (due to darling's repeated reminders that my hair was getting too thick) around 1230pm after more than half a year of growing it out. So du lan. From the regular rate of $16, it has increased by $4 for you guess it, the stupid Chinese New Year. I got a female hairstylist this time and man she took like an hour to cut my thick mane. I wanted to change my hairstyle but she said it was impossible to achieve unless I cut my hair short which I din want (Again, my darling's preference for girls with long hair :P). But seriously I think females suck at hair cutting. Generally females lack creativity in coming up with stylish cuts (basically boring and lousy), take a long time to cut hair, make stupid attempts to try to get you to talk when it's written all over your face that you are totally uninterested in conversing with ANYONE. Yes I'm not a feminist. I do think males are better than females in the creative field and medicine. Moral of the story: Stick to your guns and ask for a female hairstylist. In the end, my hair looks pretty much the same after she shaved off 2 inches from the back and layering it so much my rebonding is useless with the ends all turning out. No I think my hair looks Fugly (short for fucking ugly) and makes my head look even bigger than it already is.

After having my hair cut I went over to Miss Ang's home a Upper East Coast Road to borrow the Advanced 1 ballet syllabus book. It costs $50+ btw if you were to buy the original one. I went inside her home for a half hour chat where she offered me some Chinese new year goodies she had made herself. I like the white coconut cookie which was soft, light and crispy. I was amazed to hear that was only after the 10+th attempt that she got it right. I tried the failed biscuit too and indeed it was a little on the hard side. Now I know her perfectionist streak applies to all aspects of her life, especially in torturing hapless souls like me who are lousy at ballet. Nah not really, I like that she's strict and pushes her students very hard. I also tried the pineapple tarts and she offered me a glass of water before I realised I had to rush like crazy to meet Steph for a shopping spree at my friend's shop.

Hence, yours truly had to take a cab down to Clarke Quay MRT to the new Central Mall. Cab fare came up to $12.50. Was feeling rich ma and din want the girl to wait too long for me. We tried on so many dresses and unfortunately I did not have the luxury of getting more than 1 dress. Should have taken pics of the dresses I tried. Some were really pretty, however either the fit sucked or I looked plain weird in them. Steph got two dresses: A white with black ribbons one and an English rose inspired floral dress (which I fell in love with but alas the cutting was made for skinny people but I'm glad she looks gorgeous in it ") ). I got a white tube dress for $35 I name the Christmas dress as it has flowers and the colors are predominantly red and green. I joked that I can recycle the dress for X'mas this year after wearing it for the first day of CNY. In addition, I had gotten two hairbands for $10 and another necklace is on hold with Richard as I need to get the chain shortened (RP $29.90. Wonder how much discount he will be giving :P). I was to meet Eddy at 6pm where we spent our time at Cineleisure (My 2nd home). We happened to bump into my ballet friends Michele and Phoebe at Takashimaya. Hadn't seen them in weeks and it was pretty coincidental. Eddy was bored while we bitched and bitched about ballet and stuff so he went off to do his banking transaction thingie. We had extremely bad Tau Huey near Selegie. Eew. Horrible. Disgusting. I couldn't stomach more than one mouthful.

Steph and I in Richard's shop

Eddy and I at Coffee Bean

Michele and I

My dress which I bought to be worn for d 2nd day of CNY
A bag to match the dress above.
10/2 (Sat)
Overslept and missed the 1pm ballet class. However, I woke up in time for the 2nd class at 530pm. Class was fun as we worked out a sweat while Hannah was filmed all the way as she was sending the recording for an audition. Hope she gets it wor. After class I went to Katong Shopping Centre to get the syllabus book zapped for $3.40. While I was there, I got 2 eyeliners, one black (lost mine) and one blue for a steal at $8. Then I had a craving for Katong laksa so I had that with a barley drink before I headed home.


11/2 (Sun)
Woke up really early at 5+am to read the papers and some other stuff. Then went for 130pm ballet class with Miss Ang. Geez, kana scolding for looking at the syllabus book at every opportunity and she said I resembled a sneaky ghost :p. Cannot remember the steps ma. What she expect? And seriously it was really stressful having come from ballet classes with a minimum of 7 other classmates or even more (at Miss Ho's class ranging from 16-20) and having all eyes on me. Plus this was my 2nd try doing the Advanced class, I tried to remember the steps but I was nearly driven nuts forgetting even the simple steps after she had said it once. At 3pm I told Miss Ang that I had to leave early and she said next time please do not plan your schedule to clash with the ballet class. Ok , point noted. Miss Ang actually gives us an additional half hour to hone our technique which is why class is 2 hours, much longer than other places. She suggested that I could arrange with Jamie and Carine to come over her place for Chinese New Year and I'm wondering if I can spare the time over the weekend. Otherwise the next class I just bring some mandarin oranges for her la. O ya, the most scary part of that day's lesson is the muscleache which still lingers on today in my left thigh. We had a stretching exercise in which we had to do a side split. And she told us to push our stomachs to the floor. As yours truly doesn't stretch everyday it was an impossible task. Jamie pulled my arms forward and Miss Ang suggested we push ourselves forward while our legs remain in the side split so that we end up in a frog's position (where our legs land behind us) without lifting our legs . I swear I thought my leg was going to break or something or I was going to get a severe muscle tear as I felt a sharp pain. It was an excruciating exercise and Miss Ang commented that I did very little stretching usually as my whole face was crumpled and I looked really awful. How not to when you feel pain?

I was supposed to meet Jackson at 4pm but I was late by 20 min. I was really worn out by the strenuous class and the lack of zzz and I fell asleep on the long train ride from Bedok to Jurong East. We went to JB to collect my contact lens which have been sitting pretty for a month at the optical shop. It hasn't been easy wearing only one side of my contact lens with my vision blur for the other eye. But I would rather die than to wear my nerdy glasses beyond my home area. That's how vain I am. After collecting my lens, we went to the seafood market to have a delicious meal costing RM53 which consisted of sambal kangkong, fried crayfish, bbq stingray and oyster omelette with rice. We had 2 gigantic cups of barley and sugarcane to wash down our meal. As we were too full from our sumptous meal, we took a walk before deciding to come back to Sg.
Jackson and I outside Holiday Plaza in JB
In the old cab
Jackson on the train
Jackson worn out by the trip and lack of sleep like me
Jackson was too tired to drive me home hence he dropped me off at Jurong East MRT at around 830pm where I went to the Mac's to see my beloved darling who was working from 4pm to 10pm. My darling was wearing a ridiculous CNY cap and serving customers at the dessert kiosk. Wanted so much to get him to kiss me since we hadn't met for a week but he kept insisting that he's a crew leader and it was a bad example to set if he did so. :( Anyway, I decided to go off at 920pm and only reached home at 11pm. Thanks to some inconsiderate stupid Singaporeans who do not have the cow sense to move towards the back of the bus and I missed one bus. Coz the uncle din want to open the front door although many people alighted, no one made way for passengers like us who wanted to get home and the back of the bus had so much space. I walked one bus stop ahead thinking that I would catch a cab if there was any but a 20 min wait proved futile. At least I had space to stand in the bus or I would miss the 2nd bus. I was so irritated I got a headache but I managed to sleep upon reaching home. Anyway the stupid trial where three bus services are going to have automated announcement asking people to move to the rear of the bus, I don't think it would work. People would only complain about the noise pollution. I think an automated sensor which can detect an unusually crowded front and an empty rear would work better if the bus is not allowed to move if this happens. Yes I know how harsh it can be, but if nobody bothers to move to the back, the bus captain will just stay at the bus stop. This would be more effective in getting people to be more considerate. If nobody cooperates, then nobody gets to their destinations. Simple as that. Singaporeans need to be told, reminded or punished to do things like some kid and seriously I'm not proud to be a Singaporean when I see things like that.

Talking about inconsiderate people. The most atrocious thing I've ever seen was on the MRT where this elderly lady came up on the train during the peak hour. She was standing next to me holding the railing near the door while one able-bodied boy and a woman around my age did not offer their seats. Everybody else pretended not to look at her. I admit I was at fault too, not speaking out against their horrible behaviour even though I felt so angry and upset for the poor old lady. It wasn't an excuse that I was carrying two bags of things and I was tired. I could spare the energy to speak out. After a long time, someone seated in the middle left his seat and the old lady walked towards it only to have it snatched by this Malay man. She walked dejectedly back to where she stood originally and it was a long time before the boy decided that his conscience was back and offered her his seat. I couldn't believe it when she actually thanked him. I wanted to scold the idiot who was then standing beside me. I guess if this kind of situation is commonplace, we Singaporeans should be totally ashamed of ourselves. So what if we are named alongside First-World countries? Our behaviour and mindset does not belong to the 3rd World. I guess it's totally out of this world. By the way, people in the 3rd World countries are much more civilised and helpful than we are. Anyway, I think the civics and moral education classes are no longer working. Youngsters these days do not possess good manners, consideration or respect for other people. All they think about is their own little world where they can amass more possessions such as the latest technological gadgets which they can show off to friends or what other people can give them rather than thinking about what they can give to others. Actually it's not totally their fault. Parents are to blame for the lax control they have over their kids and spoiling them rotten. I think of the next generation as good looking apples which are filled with worms inside.

11/2 (Mon)
Celebrated an early Valentine's Day with my darling as I have school on Wed. Sorry darling for making you upset. It's my fault. All I know is to sleep and sleep like a pig. :( I was late for half an hour reaching Cineleisure only at 330pm. We had lunch at Pastamania where we ordered a V day set meal for $18.80. I had prawn rice while darling had fusilli with meatballs. The dessert was this thick chocolate pudding. I couldn't finish anything including the soft drinks and we walked around after that. Darling got me 2 mobile phone strap accessories from Urban concepts and we walked over to Heeren to take some pics and shop. Darling also got me a bag and a dog pencil case. The bag was my V day pressie. Darling dinno what to get for me so he suggested I get a bag seeing I always carry the same old ones and asked me to choose one I like. I don't mind not getting a surprise as I would prefer to get what I like rather than something I don't. Darling likes this T-shirt from 77th Street and I'm getting it for him this Sat as his belated pressie. I had a stomachache and I had to go to the washroom before we left for Buena Vista at 630pm as Darling had made reservations at One Rochester in a Playroom.

This is the Christmas dress I'm gonna wear for the 1st day of CNY..
Dunno why but I look as if I'm naked in this pic..
Beautiful stranger.. Yes I know people are going to say i bian tai for anyhow filming people at train stations.
I was complaining all the way as the place was rather far from the MRT and my legs were hurting (Rem the muscle ache?). When we reached the place, we were brought to this extremely dark room with transparent curtains as partition. It was so dark save for the pathetic candle which was not enough to even read anything on the menu. It was supposed to be romantic but I felt more frustrated having to hold up my mobile phone against the menu to read it properly. There was a sofa with cushions and 2 cushioned seats. And the wait staff kept coming in and out of the door on the left. No privacy at all. As the place did not accept Nets, Darling had to go to the MOE building to withdraw cash since he did not have enough cash on hand. Actually, I thought that the Playroom was supposed to be some romantic place where it's like a playground la, but the adult kind with a swing or something :P. But darling had taken the effort to source out this place online and I give him credit for what he has done. Thanks darling. Luckily the food did not disappoint. Actually the place was more for drinking but I don't drink so we ordered food. We had deep-fried tofu, beef skewers and a beef burger with fries. In addition, we had keropok and some ikan bilis thing. All this came up to a total of $70.70.

I was crying towards the end of the meal as darling fed me chilli and I bit on it not realising what it was. He asked me to pass to him and we ended up asking for water and ice and I suppose the waitress was really amused to hear me sobbing non-stop for 15 min. I drank so much water and put ice on my lips and tongue but i could still feel the stinging burning sensation. Actually darling wanted to play a joke on me as I kept trying to feed him leaves instead of fries earlier on. Darling was surprised I cried in front of him for the first time and what a manner! I was quite upset actually. I cried so much that all my make-up ran. Anyway after the sobbing crap, darling sent me home. He was extremely thirsty and came into my home and within minutes my pa came back. He had this ugly scowl on his face and he asked, "Is he the one who called that day?"

FYI, a few days back some asshole called my home at 3+am and asked for me in Hokkien. He had been disrespectful to my pa telling him to watch out or something if he din call for me when pa said I was asleep and it was late. So my pa got into an argument with him. If I know who that fucker is, I will get someone to settle this matter with him. He is in the wrong and still has the cheek to talk so much cock. I suspect he might be my ex. Geez. I was telling my Pa that darling couldn't even speak Hokkien properly. Anyway after darling left, there I was to fall asleep again!

13/2 (Tue)
Ethics exam at 7pm. As I wanted to cram more revision before the exam I was late by 20min. Dr Lim gave me an additional 5 min which meant I wasted 15 minutes for nothing. I could have written my answer for the third question properly but I did not have time and I ended up summarising everything. However, I was pretty satisfied with my answers for the first 2 questions. Hopefully I would gain more points for which will make up for the short fall in points. Yay, finally I'm done with one module. Looking forward to my next two modules of Positive Psychology and Addictive Behaviors! I managed to contact Chun Ling my best buddy in uni to meet up on Fri to settle on when her course is going to start. Also, I got to arrange a date with Clarissa next Wed whom I haven't seen since 2+ years back after we completed our A Levels. And I finalised a dinner with Michele and Amanda, my fave ballet pals on the 3 March. I wanna meet all my friends given this short break I have. Don't know why but I miss everyone so much! My life has been too preoccupied with the bf and some good friends and I neglected some other good friends. So guilty!

On Pointe @)~~
3:34 AM