<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/30413509?origin\x3dhttp://candywaitingformarsbar.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Friday, February 09, 2007

~Hmm..~

Chinese New Year's coming after my Ethics exam on V day eve.. Kinda nervous. I dread CNY. As yours truly is extremely image conscious it doesn't help when each year my dear relatives would make comments about me getting thinner or fatter. Last year every one said I put on weight but I looked better. Is that a consolation?

Went to check out the rates for the Advanced 1 ballet exam to get a rough estimate if I were to take the exam next year. Every year the rates would increase and for this year it's $347. My god, it's a huge increase from my Intermediate exam which was $182. I suppose dance exams are more expensive than paper exams. And if I fail it's as good as throwing money into the sea. I can use that amount of money to buy some branded clothes. Gee. But I think I would rather get the certificate for passing though I know my chances of failing are much higher. I always wanted to see how far I can make it in the Majors exams. If my journey stops at Advanced 1 I would be very satisfied indeed. And if I do pass, I will continue learning Advanced 2. Maybe I will do that for at least 3 years before I will have the guts to take the exam. No Singaporean have ever gotten Solo Seal which is after Advanced 2 coz Solo Seal requires a Distinction for Advanced 2. My ballet teachers seem to stop at Intermediate since it's the minimum requirement to go for a teaching course or study 2 dance degrees in London. I was wondering what happens after everything. Am I going to continue taking ballet classes but no longer will I want to dance for the exams? Probably I might take a one-year dance cert to teach part-time coz I've an interest in teaching. Or maybe I might stop ballet and learn other types of dance such as ballroom. It's so scary when I realise that it won't be long before I face decisions like that. A few years pass very quickly and I'll be in my mid-20s. Wonder how I will have changed with a job and all. Whether I will be still be pondering over how to be happy or I have gone down the route of leading a decadent lifestyle.

On Pointe @)~~
7:14 AM