<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/30413509?origin\x3dhttp://candywaitingformarsbar.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

~GSS Shopping as of 6 July

Last Fri, went to collect my NIVEA body care products and suncare products from winning the Her World and Shape April contests.

I ended up buying so many stuff without discount since the start of June. Coz most of the stuff on discount are kinda hideous.

The Bags

document bag $24.95 after 50% discount at OG

sling bag $19 fr Cineleisure push cart

Bag $27.96 after 15% discount fr Whenever, The Cathay

Hello Kitty handbag, $25.90 from Far East Plaza

Clothes

$10.95 for 3 tops from Ice Lemon Tee

1 white dress and 1 black top, $10.95 for 2 from Ice Lemon Tee

1 black pair of black chiffon pedal pushers and 1 black suede belt, $10.95 for 2 from Ice Lemon Tee (not shown). Alas the former was too small has given it to Ma to give to someone who has small thighs.

Rabbit tee $27.90 from Far East Plaza. My most expensive T shirt to date. But then again the rabbit is really cute and fluffy (it's not printed and has a smooth texture) and it's wearing a ribbon brooch in its ear.

White top $12 from a factory outlet shop at Roxy Square

Playsuit, $29 after 20% discount from Suntec My Playground. I thought it was pretty cute and so far I've worn it twice and heard rude remarks from people who make comments within earshot that it looks like a zebra. At least it's cute but I can't say the same for your face.

Satin tube dress from Far East Plaza Level 1 $34. It's a supposed special price but to me I can actually get something like that at a slightly cheaper price but what the heck. lol

White dress, $25 and black dress $27 but got it at $50 at Suntec, My Playground. I love the Korean stuff from this little shop. But the sales assistant told me that sales hasn't been great for both times I was there.

The brown and pink-blue tie dye dresses cost $29.90 each and this white tube dress which can be worn as a skirt too costs $49.90 but I got them all at $90 after a 15% discount and a further $3+ discount for being a loyal customer at this shop opposite Parkway Parade.

Random stuff and accessories

Photoframe at $4.50 from More Than Words. Action City sells it at $5.90 I think. Yay, finally got the privilege card which gives 10% thanks to dar buying for me the grumpy bear.
Ballet Musical box $26.90 from More Than Words. My 2nd musical box. I love musical boxes but the prices tend to be a little steep so I never bought any since buying one in sec2.
This bunny pencil case $9.90 is so cute. I'm still in my bunny phase. If any of you wanna get me anything and you don't know what to buy, you know what to do now :P.
This Hello Kitty coaster cost $5 from a Cosplay shop in Far East Plaza. It's from an opaque paper bag which contains random stuff. The Japanese are quite cool to think of such an idea. Will be going there again on Fri and try my luck. Hope I get something nice.

Retro photo frames at $1.90 each from More Than Words. This is really cheap and I love Marilyn Monroe. Elvis looks really cool and the black and white theme is wonderful.

A pretty ceramic jewellery holder $4.75 at 60% off from Tampines Mall


Min jewellery stands at $5.90 each from Far East Plaza. Luckily I waited and got this like $2 cheaper than from Mini Toons.
Wallet $15 at My Playground at Suntec
Tissue box holder $15.95 at 50% off. Been wanting to get this sheep related stuff from Happy House for years.
Other stuff not shown here
1 pair of pink mary-janes shoes $27.90 at 20% off from Far East Plaza at Level One
Maroon fitted sheet set with pillow case $17.90 from Plaza Singapura
2 Young Hearts bra sets $23.20 at 20% off the special price of $29 for using the Passion Card from John Little
Maroon and pink Quilt cover with pillow cases $15 down from $25 at IKEA
4 vases at $0.95 each at 50% off from IKEA
1 bin at $3 from IKEA
At last count, my dress collection has hit 84 dresses. Geez. Was thinking of selling some of my dresses by setting up a blog for that purpose, however till this day, I haven't gotten around to doing it as I'm really busy and can't seem to find the time to take pictures of the dresses and modelling it. Phoebe said she will be helping me out when she's free but then she's occupied too with work and the Miss Universe contest. Looks like I have to shelf my plans for quite some time till I'm less stressed.
And to my horror, the additions to my room cost me $936.90. This has not taken into account the decorations and cute stuff that I've bought to make my room more homely and warm. If those are added it far exceeds $1000 already. I need to watch my spending and I've decided I no longer need any decorations to my room as it's becoming overcrowded.
Now my schedule for tuition is fully packed for 5 days with a total of 11 students. At least, I'm not getting any more gastric problem save for the occasional rumbling of my stomach during lesson. A good thing is L's mum gave me an extra $50 for the first month last Monday as she said that the agency took 50% and it's quite a sum. Great that she acknowledges my efforts and L is also making a good improvement in her E Maths. Hopefully, she will get an A for the N Levels in Sep and go on to O levels next year.
The shameless M's ma still got the cheek to ask me for the exam papers supplier's number last Monday and I brushed her off by saying I'm busy and I would talk to her later. I haven't gone down to her place yet but next Monday I'm going to go over and scold her just to vent my frustration.
One of my new students on Sunday, Y looks like Phoebe and she's just 2 years younger than Phoebe. She's also taller than me and she's actually a foreign student who has been in sg for 6 years. We ended up chatting for like 2 hours before we started tuition and my lesson actually ended at 1130pm on Monday. She requested if I could reduce my fees by $40 as her mum has recently been out of a job and I agreed. Dearie is going to say me for being too soft and nice again. But come next year, I'm not going to accept any assignments which is below $30 per hour. I will be charging $30-$35 an hour for upper secondary students as I feel severely underpaid now with $25-$30 an hour which is actually the rate for A level and undergraduates. The reasons why I accepted the lower rates are coz I need a more stable income and I just sort of started tutoring again from a 2 year break and I've lost a network. Also, I will be practising my Maths C during the November and December holidays so I can teach JC students next year so I can get at least $40 an hour.
Today I had my new student S and it's great to see she is another motivated student. Other than one of my students who is giving me a headache, the rest have made improvement and I'm pretty happy and enjoying what I'm doing. Perhaps it took a little long for me to realise there's no point at looking at closed doors when there are others opened and right in front of me. It's crazy when I get at least a call everyday from tuition agencies when just 2 months back my mobile phone hardly rang. ne thing which irks me is I have to entertain dumb questions from dumb people like "Why do you want to be a tutor when you have a degree?" and these are usually from people who are earning less than I do. Yes this irritates me to no end, and the money more than makes up for the lack of prestige and status in my job. In addition, I can't apply for a credit card which is not a bad thing given I'm such a spender. I'm glad things are falling into place and the only bad thing is that I can't really sleep early now till around 5am. Maybe I'm yearning for someone or I'm feeling stressed as I don't see the number on the weighing scale going down.




You Are Ballet



You are quite introverted. You enjoy keeping to yourself and cultivating your talents.

You are dedicated and focused. If practice makes perfect, you're willing to keep practicing.

While some people may dismiss you as boring, you can be quite edgy and interesting.

You can fit in almost anywhere... and your style ranges from conservative to funky.












What Your Workspace Says About You



You are generally fairly organized, but you have occasional slip ups. You find keeping organized challenging.

You are hardworking and driven. You have an excellent work ethic.

You feel like you neglect your family and friends when you're working. You may work a bit too much.

You are still trying to figure out your ideal career. You could quit your current job on any given day.

At work, you are an introvert. You don't like people coming around your work space.










What Your These Fireworks Say About You



You are focused, single minded, and intense.

You don't let others see your intensity often, and when they do, they are quite surprised.

You burn brightly, but you also burn steadily.

You have the endurance to get the one thing you desire most.










You Are Classical Music



You are a somewhat serious person who enjoys studying subjects deeply.

Art of all kinds interests you, and a good piece of art can really effect you emotionally.

You are inspired by human achievement, and you appreciate work that takes years to accomplish.

For you, the finer things in life are not about snobbery - they're about quality.










The Road Trip of Your Life



You see romantic love as what's most important in life. A deep connection with someone else is the primary thing you crave.

Your life is quite hectic. You try to slow down when you can, but it's not easy!

You're willing to take a few risks in life. You may not take the road no one travels, but you're happy to take the road less traveled.

Eh, work is not really for you. You're all about playtime! You'll work if you have to, but you really don't like it.

In another life, you could have been a great novelist. You have a knack for describing things in an interesting way.










You Should Play the Harp



You are a sensitive soul, with a great admiration for beauty.

You definitely have what it takes to make beautiful music, but most instruments are too harsh for you.

You are subtle, shy, and even a bit spoiled. You're very picky about most aspects of your life.

It's just your style to play an eccentric, hard to transport instrument like the harp that few people consider.

Overall, you have the relaxed demeanor of a leisurely upper class person, and your music would reflect that.

Your calm yet soulful harp playing would be sure to help people forget their troubles for a while.

Your dominant personality characteristic: your zen-ness

Your secondary personality characteristic: your quiet independence










You Are a Thong



You are daring and outrageous.
You love attention in almost any form, and you'll do a lot to get noticed.
You are proud of your body. You work hard to look good.
Swimsuit season is your favorite time of the year. It gives you a chance to show off your assets!










You Are Pretty Charming



While you're not a natural charmer, you can be charming when you want to be.
And lucky for those around you, you usually feel like turning on the charm.
You project a happy, calm image - even when you're feeling the exact opposite.
You make people feel great about being around you... though you're not always up for putting in the effort.










You are a Knife


You are precise, determined, and detail oriented.
You mean what you say, and you say what you mean.
You enjoy taking risks and living on the edge.
You are a controversial person. You opinions tend to be divisive.












You Are a Winter Person



You are calm, serious, and focused.

You're the type of person who appreciates the quiet and calm.

Winter is the perfect time for you to get cozy and work on a hobby.

Summer is a bit too hectic for you. You like the dead of winter... preferably with a roaring fire inside.

Are You a Winter Person or a Summer Person?





You Are Mustard



Your personality is strong and distinctive. You are beyond quirky.

You can stand alone in the world well. You are a strong individual.

You sometimes work well with others, as long as there aren't any other strong personalities involved.



Your taste in food tends to be simple yet high quality.

You can really get into a perfectly prepared sandwich or simple fresh salad.

You get along best with ketchup and barbeque sauce personalities. Get you with a salsa personality, and things might become downright nasty!

What Condiment Are You?





You Are a Werewolf



You're unpredictable, moody, and downright freaky.

You seem sweet and harmless, until you snap. Then you're a total monster.

Very few people can predict if you're going to be Dr. Jekyll or Mr. Hyde.

But for you, all your transformations seem perfectly natural.



Your greatest power: Your ability to tap into nature



Your greatest weakness: Lack of self control



You play well with: Vampires

What Kind of Monster Are You?





What Your Halloween Habits Say About You



You are an outgoing person who's a bit of a showoff. It's likely that you dress up for Halloween every year.



You are an overachiever and quite popular. You'd save the world if you could.



Your inner child is stubborn and a bit bossy.



Your fears are irrational and varied. It's hard to predict what you may be afraid of on any given day.



You're prone to be quite emotional and over dramatic. Deep down, you enjoy being scared out of your mind... even if you don't admit it.



You are picky and high maintenance. If you wear a Halloween costume, it's only when you really feel like it. And it has to be perfect.

What's Your Halloween Personality?





You Are A Total Shopaholic!



You have a keen eye for spotting trends before they are hot

And sometimes your credit rating takes a beating as a result

Consider a job in retail to subsidize your gorgeous outfits

Over time, you could become a famous stylist or designer!

Do You Shop More Than Most Women?





Your Mind is 67% Cluttered



Your mind is quite cluttered. And like most clutter, it's a bunch of crap you don't need.

Try writing down your worst problems and fears. And then put them out of your mind for a while.

How Cluttered is Your Mind?





Your Birthdate: November 7



Calm and understated, you struggle to express your love with words.

Over time, your partner learns to recognize your passion by the actions you take.

You're good at wooing someone slowly, without them even realizing it!



Number of True Loves You'll Have: 1



Number of Times You'll Have Your Heart Broken: 2



You are most compatible with people born on the 7th, 16th, and 25th of the month.

What Does Your Birth Date Mean For Your Love Life?





You Are 82% Passionate, 18% Compassionate



You are a truly passionate person, and for you, love is a drug.

When you're in love, you lose all grip on reality. And it's a wild ride.

Although falling in love is vivid experience for you, it's sometimes *too* intense.

Is Your Love Style Passionate or Compassionate?





You Are 4: The Individualist



You are sensitive and intuitive, with others and yourself.

You are creative and dreamy... plus dramatic and unpredictable.



You're emotionally honest, real, and easily hurt.

Totally expressive, others always know exactly how you feel.



At Your Best: You are inspired, artistic, and introspective. You know what you're thinking, and you can communicate it well.



At Your Worst: You are melancholy, alienated, and withdrawn.



Your Fixation: Envy



Your Primary Fear: To have no identity



Your Primary Desire: To find yourself



Other Number 4's: Alanis Morisette, Johnny Depp, J.D. Salinger, Jim Morrison, and Anne Rice.

What Number Are You?





Your Love Number is 1



You tend to be a stubborn lover, holding your ground in every argument

You take your time falling in love. You aren't the type to lose perspective.

You are loyal (to a fault), and you require the same loyalty in your sweetheart.

At your best, you are a wise and inspiring partner - who sticks around.

What Is Your Love Number?





You Are 56% Obsessive



You're somewhat obsessive, especially when it comes to a couple things (like horrifying thoughts or cleanliness).

As long as your quirks aren't interrupting your life, it's all good.

How Obsessive Are You?





Who Should Paint You: Alfred Gockel



All American yet funky, you inspire an artist's imagination

And while not everyone will understand your portrait, you will!

What Artist Should Paint Your Portrait?





Your Dating Purity Score: 47%



You are an average dater.

You're experienced enough to be a great girlfriend or boyfriend...

Though you still may be figuring out exactly what you want in love!

Dating Purity Test





Your Gemstone Says...



You are simply joyful. You find it easy to have peace of mind.

You tend to think positive thoughts. It's easy to control where your mind goes.

You have great mental powers and self discipline.

You are able to dream big. You definitely aren't afraid of failure.

The Gemstone Test





Your Inner Retro Girl Is



1980s Girl Next Door


What Retro Girl Are You?





The True You



You want your girlfriend or boyfriend to be more relaxed, calm, and composed.



With respect to money, you spend as little as possible.



You think good luck might come your way, but if it does you'll be so surprised you'll burst out laughing.



The hidden side of your personality tends to be a little selfish. You only do what interests you.



You are tend to think about others' feelings a lot, perhaps because you are so eager to be liked.



When it comes to finding a romantic partner, you don't have any particular type in mind, but you are inclined to look for someone who will say yes when you ask him / her out.

Who's The True You?





You Are 47% Grown Up, 53% Kid



You've grown up a good bit, but you still have a way to go before you're emotionally mature.

You have the skills to control your emotions, you just have to use them.

How Emotionally Mature Are You?





Your Ideal Pet is a Cat



You're both aloof, introverted, and moody.

And your friends secretly wish that you were declawed!

What's Your Ideal Pet?





Your Deadly Sins



Gluttony: 100%



Envy: 60%



Greed: 60%



Lust: 60%



Pride: 60%



Sloth: 60%



Wrath: 60%



Chance You'll Go to Hell: 66%



You'll die from a diabetic coma.

How Sinful Are You?





How You Life Your Life



You seem to be straight forward, but you keep a lot inside.

You say whatever is on your mind. Other people's reactions don't phase you.

You prefer a variety of friends and tend to change friends quickly.

You tend to dream big, but you worry that your dreams aren't attainable.

How Do You Live Your Life?

On Pointe @)~~
11:36 PM