<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/30413509?origin\x3dhttp://candywaitingformarsbar.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

~Getting busier

I'm very happy that I've managed to meet all my objectives this month such as meeting up with my friends especially those whom I haven't seen in quite a while, singing Karaoke, passed the crap Basic Theory Test, watched the movies I really wanted to watch etc.

1 Aug (Fri)
Watched The Book of Revelation and Hellboy 2 with dearie. Was rather disappointed with the former as the story about a male dancer who was kidnapped and sexually assaulted by 3 women was a mess. Only the beginning of the show where you get to watch the group of dancers dance was worth watching, the rest was trash in my opinion. Hellboy 2 was alright, not particularly outstanding but enjoyable nevertheless.

I got myself the Grumpy Bear pencilcase. He seems rather angry for what reason I do not know. lol

4 Aug (Mon)
I put a $95 deposit for a Cosplay costume which I'm going to wear to Zouk for Halloween this year. The last time I went was when I was 18 and really poor hence the costume (or lack of) of a towel and lingerie as the victim in Psycho. I don't think I will do anything that crazy now that I'm so old. I'm kinda excited about dressing up as a character in my fave anime, even though I wasn't partial towards her initially, I am able to empathise with the way she turned out towards the end of the story. I doubt anyone will be wearing the same costume especially when the anime was not really popular.

I got my first ever pair of legwarmers in black. I haven't figured what I will wear with them but when I have the time I will just mix and match with the stuff I have in my bursting wardrobe. Now that it's towards the end of the year, it's time for me to bring out my boots and wear more layers. I love the later part of the year coz the weather's cooler.

8 Aug (Fri)
Got to meet Katherine, Eddy, Jiaxiu, Phei Ying, Hui Buay with dearie for Karaoke at Marina Square K Box after dearie and I had a couple spa session for our 8th month anniversary at Raffles Place. I realise that massages will always be a source of stress for me and I will never love them. lol. I do love the sauna though, I felt I was 10 pounds lighter after perspiring so much. Thanks dearie, I think he's rather thoughtful in trying to get me different gifts for our monthly anniversary which is pretty sweet as I love surprises.


Anyway, finally got to meet JX's bf and I think he's quite a funny guy and quite matching with JX. Hee.

9 Aug (Sat)
I'm getting really absent-minded especially this year last month when I paid for yogurt from the petrol kiosk and did not take it home. I only realised it the next day when I wanted to eat it. Again I left a I love you bear and dearie's tomato which we got my fave $2 machine for random stuff on top of the cash deposit machine at Punggol Plaza. Dearie seemed pretty upset that our stuff was gone, and I'm getting worried I'm becoming senile.

12 Aug (Tue)
Met up with Meph and Jackson after almost a year for KTV at Party World Orchard and was rather amazed they managed to gather a troop of people. It was fun though and Jackson got alittle too drunk and was a little crazy. We ended up eating supper on Jackson's insistence and he ate like a few mouthfuls before he had to go home around 2 plus with Sindy.

13 Aug (Wed)
I bought 4 books which are to satisfy my craving for reading something other than magazines. They are all non fiction. The four books are on hairstyles, a picture book about a woman who went through abuse inflicted by her bf, the Jane's Auston's Guide to Romance (One of my to read books for some time) and a guide to achieving success in education through Feng Shui.

14 Aug (Thu)
I managed to pass the Basic Theory Test on my 2nd attempt after studying the 350 Q and A book for 2 hours. Wanted to pontang the test coz I was feeling a bit crappy on that day but I forced myself to go and start studying only at 1pm when the test is at 315pm. This time the test is much harder and I ended up changing like 3 or 4 of my answers when I checked it once.I was really relieved when I saw the Pass word on the screen as I told myself I will not sit for the test again if I failed a 2nd time. As I was so blur I ended up walking up and down the stairs lie more than 5 times after the test just to get the stupid PDL and register for the Final Theory Test. Nearly couldn't get the PDL coz my vision was so blur I couldn't make out the alphabet just under the number and the lady told me to return another day with my glasses the first time when she tested my eyesight the first time. Then again everything is so small. I told her I had my contacts on and she allowed me to try again. I couldn't see it clearly too and when I told her she adjusted the equipment and I could read it though it was pretty unclear. She told me to wear my glasses when I'm driving. Geez.

Ordered tix to 2 ballets (Coppelia and Russian Ballet Gala) in October. Dearie is watching Coppelia with me while I will be going alone for the other one. Luckily the dans Festival ballet offerings seems more interesting than the Singapore Arts Festival's. Wanted to catch The Architecture of Silence then which received rave reviews but I couldn't go as the seats were quite lousy and I didn't want to compromise on the view.

15 Aug (Fri)
Caught The Midnight Meat Train and Pathology with dearie. the former gave me a nightmare the next morning and it's the 2nd grossest show just after Hostel. So far not many horror shows can make me feel nauseous save these 2. Pathology is a slick stylish show and there was no lack of nudity. lol.

Guess what? I left my BK Kid's meal at KFC on the table after asking dearie if he wanted the paper bag for his drink. Geez, I only realised it when dearie asked me where it was at Times to get some pretty notebooks after he came back from Daiso. I ended up getting another meal. Yes I think I am getting old and Jackson's comment that I seem to get more blur with age is true.

16 Aug (Sat)
Forgot to bring my leotard and tights for ballet class and ended up having to head home with dearie to get them after reaching the community centre 40 min early. I was mortified when I saw blood in my urine and it subsided completely after another 3 times to the toilet as I downed a lot of water. Stupid me held my pee like 14 hours before I went to the loo and I was duly punished with pain on the areas where the bladder and kidneys are located. Until today I have been going to the loo like a few times per hour and it is really inconvenient especially when I am teaching. And I keep having this weird ache intensifying everytime I finish peeing. Ended up missing rehearsal the 2nd time in a row and only making it for the syllabus class. Miss Ho had invited the pianist and class was quite strenuous. Miss Ho praised me in one of the exercises for my arms and coz of my failing memory I can't recall which exercise it was. I have been practising my arm movements in front of the mirror since I figured as my footwork is not that good I might as well focus on my arms so that people will not concentrate on my feet. A bit lame I think. :p I'm delighted when I get a positive comment from my ballet teacher coz most of the time I'm being corrected for my mistakes.I do hope I can improve more so that next year when I take my exam I will be more confident.

Today I won a month's supply of glucosamine tablets and a clock in the Shape contest. Good thing that my knee problem has sorted itself out after I engaged in the practise of drinking milk every day. Been sleeping beyond 5am for the past few days as my bladder won't allow me to have a restful night. Hope that problem will get better soon. I'm sick of going to the toilet so many times.


On Pointe @)~~
3:13 AM